Crocodile Solutions works in partnership with Rackspace to host our servers and Wings in a secure location within the United States. We wanted to share with you some exciting news regarding Rackspace’s acquisition of Datapipe. In an email from Joe Eazor with Rackspace, “[Rackspace] has completed its acquisition of Datapipe! We know that our customers want to consume IT as a service across multiple cloud platforms, in a way that is flexible, secure, and cost-efficient. With the Datapipe acquisition, we will be better able to meet this growing demand and serve more of your IT needs.
Datapipe brings important new capabilities to Rackspace including:
- Experience serving high-profile and highly regulated public-sector customers, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Energy, and Treasury, Ministry of Justice, and Department of Transport. Datapipe has achieved coveted FedRAMP and FISMA certifications.
- Traditional colocation services across four continents, to reduce cost and risk for customers moving applications out of their corporate data centers.
- Greater investment in professional services capabilities at a global level to support each client’s journey to the cloud, from planning, assessments, design, migration, and management and to ongoing optimization.
While Rackspace and Datapipe have viewed each other as respected rivals in the past, today we know we are better together. By combining our two highly respected companies, we’ve created one huge opportunity — to build the world’s #1 provider of IT as a service, in the multi-cloud world.
- With Datapipe, Rackspace becomes the world’s #1 provider of managed hosting and private cloud solutions that more companies are using as they move critical workloads out of their corporate data centers.
- This transaction will also help us expand our capabilities as the world’s #1 provider of managed public cloud services, across all the leading public cloud infrastructure platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the Alibaba Cloud.
- And with our recent acquisition of TriCore, we will deliver more of the enterprise application management services that our customers demand.
We are leading a thoughtful and thorough integration process working with leaders from Rackspace and Datapipe. We are evaluating the best qualities of both businesses, so that we can move quickly to blend them into the global leader in providing IT as a service, delivering exceptional value and performance for your company. During the integration, which we expect will take several months to complete, we are taking special care to maintain and enhance the customer experience that has differentiated both Rackspace and Datapipe from our competitors.”